Benefits of Solar Water Heating
Did you know that your electric water heater can use as much energy annually as an automobile that gets 22 miles per gallon traveling 12,000 miles per year or 500 gallons of gas. A family of four would use the same amount energy, just heating 80 gallons of water per day. In other words, installing a solar water heater for your home provides the same environmental and energy saving benefits as removing an average car off the road.
There is a reason Florida is called the Sunshine State and the Sarasota/Manatee area is referred to as the Suncoast. We have an abundance of sunny days approximating over 46 weeks per year. In very simple terms, if solar doesn’t work on the Suncoast, where will it work?
What are the benefits of a solar water heater?
An electric hot water heater typically consumes electricity usually produced by a power plant using fossil fuels. It can produce about 8 tons of carbon dioxide double that produced by a modern automobile. On average, a properly sized solar water heater will produce 80 to 90 percent of your hot water needs.
Other benefits include:
- Financial savings up to $1000.00 annually, depending on your electric rates
- Exemption from Florida state sales tax
- Tax free savings
- Reduces dependency on fossil fuels and foreign oil
- Reduces carbon and sulfur dioxide emissions which reduces pollution and smog
- Protects from future electricity rate increases
- Increases property value
- Provides hot water during power outages
- Qualifies for a 30% federal tax credit
- Qualifies for a Florida Power & Light cash rebate of $1,000
- Reduces Global Warming and promotes a greener planet
Since 1970, electric rates have increased from two cents per kilowatt-hour to over fourteen cents and continue to rise. The days of inexpensive energy are a thing of the past, while the sun’s energy is unlimited and free. In forty minutes, the sun provides enough energy to satisfy the world’s energy for a whole year!
A solar water heater is the world’s most energy efficient home appliance. The time for a solar water heater is now.
We will install and service your solar hot water heater in Sarasota, Venice, Nokomis, Osprey, North Port, Englewood, Parrish, Palmetto, Bradenton, Lakewood Ranch, and Manatee County.